Monday 11 May 2009

My First Newspaper Article

Here is a link to the first national newspaper article I had published, 16 years ago. Someone at the Independent has been digitising all their archives. I wonder what it will be like for kids growing up now who will have a web log of every thing they ever wrote stored ad infinitum and accessible in a few keystrokes? All their Twitters and Facebook emissions like graffiti that cannot be removed.

When I had the above article published, it existed in the paper for one day and then it became chip paper. Now it's back. Presumably for ever. Strange. Imagine people reading this a hundred years from today. The lyrics of the old song no longer hold true:

Hey, don't save your kisses - just pass 'em around
You'll find my reason - is logically sound
Who's gonna know that you past them around
A hundred years from today?

No comments:

Post a Comment